Heal your body, relax your soul.
Appointments + Policies
Massage appointments are available the following:
Sat - Mon, 10am - 6pm
Tues - Thurs, 9am - 9pm
Fri, 9am - 6pm
To schedule an appointment, call 512.960.4660 or book online.
If you walk-in or need to book an appointment for the same day, all means available will be made to accommodate your request.
Mantra Wellness accepts Cash, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX & Discover.If you walk-in or need to book an appointment for the same day, all means available will be made to accommodate your request. Post COVID-19, Mantra is encouraging all payments do be done via credit or debit card. Cash payments are accepted, but the studio does not have a cash drawer for change. If you are planning to pay with cash, please bring the exact amount you intend to pay.
Once you have made your first appointment, within 24 hours prior to your appointment you will receive an online intake form. You may fill this out at your leisure and, once saved, it will automatically be saved for your therapist.
Before your session begins, your therapist will have a conversation with you about what to expect from your first session, what your needs are and what we can reasonably accomplish in our first hour, and possibly moving forward. We will then make a plan together on how to proceed. Please be prepared to block an extra ½ hour for your first session.
In our commitment to provide a consistent and outstanding experience for all of our guests, as well as consideration for our practitioner’s time, we have adopted the following policies for first time and repeating clients:
- A credit card is required on file for every appointment. Your credit card information is kept confidential and secure on an encrypted gateway site, as required by law. Payment to your card will be processed only after services are received, or in violation of one of the following policies. We will make every reasonable attempt to contact you before your card is charged.
- Early cancellations or reschedules happening more than 24 hours before the appointment start time will not be charged.
- Cancellations and rescheduling occurring within 24 hours of the appointment start time will result in a 50% non-refundable charge.
- An appointment is considered a no-call no-show after 15 minutes passed the appointment start time and the person receiving the session has failed to make contact with the studio. A no-call no-show will result in a 100% charge on the full cost of the session booked.
An appointment is considered a no-call no-show after 15 minutes passed the appointment start time and the person receiving the session has failed to make contact with the studio. A no-call no-show will result in a 100% charge on the full cost of the session booked.
Draping is how the massage therapist will uncover parts of the body throughout the massage. If you are receiving work on your back, for example, your back will be uncovered down to your hips and when the work is done the area will be recovered. For work on your leg, the leg will be exposed, worked on, covered...and the pattern continues. Draping is not optional. All sessions are strictly professional, and clients will be appropriately covered for the comfort and wellbeing of both client and massage therapist. Any advances that are non-professional in nature will result in immediate ending the session and the customer will not be allowed to return to Mantra.
What is Mantra Wellness doing to keep clients + staff safe?
- Only clients who are receiving a treatment will be permitted inside of the building. In the case of a minor, the guardian is required to check in their minor before services are received.
- Health screenings and temperature checks are mandatory upon arrival for all clients and employees. Anyone failing any portion of the health screen or with a recorded temperature of 100F degrees or higher will be rescheduled for a minimum of 2 weeks from the current date and sent home as a precaution.
- We employ a professional cleaning crew to deep clean our space on a regular basis.
- Mantra employees will follow strict cleaning and sanitization policies before during and after sessions, as well as throughout the day.
- We have employed a professional cleaning and sanitizing service in the evenings.
- All Mantra employees are required to certify they have not been in close contact with anyone who is/was COVID-19 positive to their knowledge.
- Social distancing will be required within the studio. Seating in the Mantra lounge will be at designated distances.
- All therapists and employees will be required to wear masks at all times.
- All clients are required to wear masks at all times before, after and during their service. We will not require masks to be worn by clients while face down but while facing upward on the massage table, masks must be worn.
- We request that clients bring minimal personal items to their reservation.
- We encourage clients to bring their own water bottles but will provide water upon request in single-use cups.
- Mantra has installed HEPA filters in each treatment room
What if I do not want to wear a mask during my service?
- Clients will be required to wear masks upon arrival throughout the duration of their time in the studio. If a client refuses to wear a mask throughout the duration of their service, we will kindly ask then to leave/reschedule their appointment.
Relax! We believe in full table time at Mantra Wellness so that you can achieve the best possible results. Once in the massage room, your massage therapist will take the time to discuss your goals for the session before the massage begins in order to understand the issues that need addressing. This is your chance to ask any questions you have or to make any requests about music or areas of the body to avoid.
After your consultation, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to undress and get onto the table. You can undress as much as you are comfortable. We prefer, and it is usual, that clients are fully unclothed. Professional draping is always practiced, and the privacy and comfort of the client on the table are always top priority.
Once your massage begins, you will receive the full 60, 90, or 120 minutes of massage therapy scheduled. Therefore, please plan for a few extra minutes during your visit to accommodate any discussion with your therapist before the massage begins.
Massage, or deep tissue massage, is not recommended for any of the following reasons:
- If you are suffering from an infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds.
- If you are currently suffering from mild-severe fever or any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor.
- Individuals with severe osteoporosis should consult their doctor before getting a massage.
- If you are prone to blood clots - as there is a risk of blood clots being dislodged.
- If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage.
- Massage should not be done directly over bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, tumors, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures.
Mantra Wellness offers full-body, healing muscle and massage therapies and natural skincare treatments. Explore our full list of services with descriptions. Each service follows strict safety guidelines for the protection of both the client and the therapist.
Getting a massage can do you a world of good - however, getting frequent massages can do even more. Especially if you have an acute issue, in which case your therapist may recommend more frequent groupings of appointments to deal with the core issue.
Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn't mean it is any less therapeutic. This is the beauty of bodywork. This form of regular self-care and body treatment can play a huge part in how healthy you'll be - and how youthful you'll remain with each passing year.
Pregnancy Massage is safe and can be performed from the moment you learn you are pregnant, through the laboring process, and after your baby is born. It can not only provide relaxation or relief from pain during pregnancy, but it can also prepare you physically and psychologically for labor and the birthing process.
Our massage therapists are highly experienced and knowledgeable about all of the protocols necessary to offer a safe and therapeutic experience, including utilizing special pregnancy massage positions, pillows, and other tools to create a soothing and comfortable environment throughout the massage.
During your first trimester, prenatal massage can be performed, unless otherwise indicated by your Obstetrician or Midwife, while lying on your stomach or back. We will incorporate proper elevation under one hip to avoid placing pressure on the uterus.
Upon reaching your second trimester, unless otherwise indicated by your Obstetrician or Midwife, you can receive massage while lying on each side. This allows the therapist to provide a balanced massage by addressing both legs, hip joints, and shoulder girdles. We also can provide a belly pillow, which allows you to lie face down while safely supporting the belly.
Mantra Wellness provides pregnant and laboring women, as well as new mothers, relaxing, nurturing, and healing massage therapy and bodywork. The therapeutic benefits are many!
For Pregnant Women:
• Relaxation and stress reduction
• Help alleviate morning sickness/headaches
• Increase blood & lymphatic circulation
• Reduce strain on weight-bearing joints
• Reduce leg swelling/edema
• Relieve pain from varicosities
• Enhance sleep
• Enhance the immune system
• Relief of muscle spasms & cramps
• Physical & psychological preparation for labor/shorter labor
• Improved posture
• Prepare pelvic muscles for the birth process
For New Mothers:
• Facilitate recovery
• Alleviate muscle strain from giving birth
• Rehabilitates skin & muscle tissue
• Realign pelvic musculature
• Facilitate healing from cesarean section
• Relax & reduce the stress of caring for a newborn
NMT releases spasms that cause referred pain and restores postural alignment and flexibility. This modality uses soft-tissue manipulation to balance the body's central nervous system with the musculoskeletal system to relieve pain and dysfunction by removing the underlying cause.
Every “body” is different. Although many claim cupping feels cathartic, the physical sensation can be likened to a deep tissue massage, and many people find the experience somewhat soothing.
Yes, it can - however, the marks are safe, painless, and present no danger, unlike a bruise that is sensitive to the touch. The red circular marks left behind by the cups are actually not bruises, which are caused by impact trauma that breaks capillaries in the injured area - and there is no compression or impact trauma when cupping is done correctly.
The marks left behind are from dead, static blood, cellular debris, and toxins and are sometimes influenced by the lymphatic system and certain pathogenic factors. Cupping marks are a sign that stagnating or unhealthy blood has moved to the surface, away from the deep tissue layers. Therefore, the surface discolorations are evidence that the cupping therapy is getting the job done.
No. Although traditionally used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), we do not use glass cups and fire. We use the latest in silicone cups that are far more comfortable for the client, and there is no risk of singed hair!
Dry brushing detoxifies your skin by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph flow/drainage. We provide the dry brush as part of the Lymphatic Massage and allow the client to take their brush home, or we can store it at Mantra Massage to be used by only you during your next visit(s). Dry brushing can also be purchased as a Massage Add-on with any other massage booking.
Lymphatic massage, also called lymphatic drainage or manual lymph drainage (MLD), is a technique developed in Germany originally to treat Lymphedema. It is a gentle massage intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart.
Lymphatic fluid flows through lymph vessels, which connect lymph nodes. As the fluid passes through the lymph nodes, white blood cells trap and destroy harmful particles, such as bacteria. Like blood in the circulatory system, lymphatic fluid is always moving. If it stops, swelling can occur as lymph fluid builds up, often in the arms or legs.
How light is the pressure? The pressure during a Lymphatic Massage is equivalent to the weight of a nickel. The lymphatic fluid is directly below the skin (above the muscle), so going too deep will pass the lymphatic fluid.
Manual lymph drainage uses a specific amount of pressure (less than 9 ounces per square inch or about 4 kPa) and rhythmic circular movements to stimulate lymph flow. By performing lymphatic drainage massage correctly, your massage therapist can stimulate the opening of the initial lymphatic and increase the volume of lymph flow by as much as 20 times. However, pushing too hard can diminish lymph flow. Furthermore, excessive pressure can even break the filaments that hold the initial lymphatic in place.
Ashiatsu massage is a deep-tissue compression massage leveraging the use of the therapist's feet and body weight. An Ashiatsu massage is a calm and relaxing experience that loosens the deeper layers of soft tissue and helps in chronic pain reduction - it’s one of the best ways to apply really deep pressure without pain. Ashiatsu can also help to improve flexibility and overall energy while reducing stress.
The Stretching Massage combines precise stretching with targeted massage therapy. Each session consists of a combination of 45 minutes of clothed stretching followed by 45 minutes of deep tissue massage. Your massage therapist can adjust the pressure of the massage therapy if you do not prefer deep tissue application.
We recommend comfortable clothing that you can easily move in for the stretching portion of the session. Afterward, the therapist will leave the room so that you can disrobe for the massage portion of the Stretch Massage.
Reiki, which means "universal life force energy," is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Reiki has many beneficial effects, including relaxation and feelings of peace, security, and well-being. A Reiki treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance flowing through and around you, and it treats the whole person - including body, emotions, mind, and spirit.
Reiki, like all bodywork, is energy work. Reiki is more subtle, but the effects can be more dramatic during release. Before each session, you and your therapist will assess your current mind-body state and set goals for your treatment. During your session, you will be fully and comfortably clothed while lying on a massage table. Your therapist will transfer Reiki to you with hands that either hover over your body or respectfully touch it lightly.
The Mantra Wellness Private Partner massage is more of an educational session to teach participants, whether partners in life or fitness, to address the physical issues of a partner through massage techniques. The session involves a therapist teaching each of you to address the verbalized needs of your partner. You will take turns lying on the table, and the therapist will demonstrate different techniques to address body issues.
A Private Partner Massage session is great for anyone who wants to help their partner deal with their physical issues.
Our CBD is locally formulated and manufactured exclusively for Mantra Wellness. It is third-party tested, all vegan, lightly scented with lemon and orange essential oils, and formulated to provide a higher concentration of CBD for optimal benefits.
Absolutely not. CBD is a non-intoxicating component of the hemp plant. It has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years and has shown, in both clinical studies and anecdotal accounts, to relax the body and mind.
The Mantra Wellness Allergy Massage Environmental combines multiple techniques, including acupressure, reflexology, lymphatic drainage, and respiratory therapies, to clear lung, sinus, and chest congestion caused by seasonal Austin allergies. It includes some chest protocols for respiratory therapy that are beneficial even if chest congestion is not a symptom. We also offer an Allergy Add-On service that can be combined with any other massage therapy.
Since a lot of viral symptoms can mimic allergies, we ask that you do not book an Allergy Massage, or any massage for that matter, if you have a fever.
In light therapy, a light source—either a laser or light-emitting diode (LED) − is held near to or in contact with the skin over the area of pain. A high dose of light has an inhibitory effect—which is primarily used therapeutically to inhibit pain. Therefore, pain is decreased when less of the pain signal reaches the brain.
LED light therapy is not compatible with Accutane, cortisone injections (within 2 weeks of injection), or light-sensitive medications. Light therapy is also not recommended for epilepsy sufferers, children under 12, or treating the breast or stomach when breastfeeding or pregnant.
No, it’s generally a light, comfortable feeling. After some time, you may feel some warmth. LED Light therapy is safe and FDA-approved.
You are very likely to notice a reduction in pain and will see a difference in wounds/bruises after just one treatment. Individual results, however, will depend on how much pain you are experiencing or how deep your wound is.
We are working closely with our external partners and carriers to ensure your order can reach you as quickly as possible. See below for the most up-to-date information.
3-7 business days (does not include 1 to 2 business days for us to receive and process your order).
Here’s how it works: you order, we process, then we ship.
Ordering takes a few seconds. Processing takes 1 to 2 business days (and orders placed after 1pm ET are processed the next business day). Then one of our carriers takes it from there.
Mantra Wellness currently ships to the 50 states and Puerto Rico.
We offer flat-rate standard shipping via USPS only.
If your order is shipping to an incorrect address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return + Exchange Policy
We're sorry if something went wrong. Please reach out to email@example.com with your order number and the products you'd like to exchange or return, and we'll take care of the rest.
Don’t worry— packages from Mantra Wellness don’t include return slips. Just reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you place your return or exchange.
All returns must be processed within 30 days of receiving the order.
To place a return, or if you are having trouble making a return within the 30 day timeframe, please reach out to email@example.com.
Order # must be provided to place a return, and you will be refunded in full to your original form of payment. Please note, your original shipping charges are not refunded. Mantra Wellness gift cards, and store-specific merchandise is final sale.
Credit card refunds usually take 5-10 business days to appear on your statement.
If you received a product different from the one that you ordered, sorry about that! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to get you the product you ordered!